If you want to conduct a successful SEO campaign, your starting point is to have some fantastic keyword research. You can get a good estimate of the traffic that you can attract to your site and the competitiveness of your target market by analyzing the best keyword phrases to use for optimal optimization of your site.
You might want to improve your onsite optimization considerably or perhaps you want to make sure that the content on your site gets the benefit of SEO. Whatever your need for improving your online research skills, here are five ways of improving these skills:
- Are your keyword phrases relevant to your business? First, check that the keyword phrases you choose reflect your business and are site-relevant. This assumes importance if you sell a service. You need to be downright specific to the service you sell rather than use generic terms. This will help you get good conversion rates and reduce your bounce rate.
- Check the value of your keywords: Examine the value of your keywords. Of course, the value of your keywords would depend on the objectives of your business and how you apply it in your daily business. So, if your aim is to increase traffic to your site, you should look at monthly search volumes to give you keywords that need targeting. However, if you only want to get in more buyers, you would need to focus on those keywords that give high conversion rates.
- Choose the market you want to work in: Yet another parameter to consider is the market in which you want to work. There are some searches that could be more wide-ranging than Google, so you need to be sure where you want to rank. In the same way, search terms vary from country to country because of cultural and language barriers. So, it helps to work with the right data and target a focused audience.
- Look for tools that can help with keyword phrases: Sure, you know which terms or aspects of your business you want to optimize your site for, but it also helps to search around for more. You can look up tools such as Google Keyword Planner for suggestions based on your ideas. It also helps to keep an eye on your competitors and see how they generate traffic. Such tips provide new ways of optimizing your site and perhaps outdo your competitors.
- Categorize your keywords: If you aim to attract both traffic and potential buyers, you should have content on your site that’s not just useful for online users but relevant too. It would help you to explore more keywords and process them thoroughly when working with a keyword analysis tool.
If you hook up with specialists, they will advise you to list all kinds of search queries that users could use to search for sites like yours. Perhaps, searches would be about location, products, services or anything else. Once you list these, you can break these groups further into sub-categories, depending on their keyword type i.e. are these keywords informational, transactional, commercial or navigational? Now, you can rate each group of keywords depending on its importance to your site.
Thorough and innovative use of keywords alone can get you the desired traffic and buyers to your site. So, it pays to invest hugely in this aspect of your business.
This is a guest post by Christopher Meloni. Christopher Meloni is a Marketing Manager at Kodematix. Apart from his profession, he also has a passion of blogging and he likes to explore new and innovative methods of marketing within his field. Connect with Christopher on Twitter.