I actually have no words to express my gratitude towards our proficient Xperia L developers. varun.chitre15, a well Recognized Developer and Contributor at XDA has already proved his skills by creating AOSP Android 5.0 Lollipop ROM and Unofficial (Stable) CyanogenMod 12 for Xperia L (Taoshan). This time again our XDA developers are back in action with another mind-blowing present. Yes! Android Lollipop 5.0.1 for Sony Xperia L is finally here!
ROM is based on LiquidSmooth firmware and compiled by david makarove, Senior Member at XDA, together with other members.
LiquidSmooth is an aftermarket firmware based on AOSP (Android Open Source Project) and SlimROM. ROM is dedicated to provide users with smooth, stable and fast ROMs. ROM is Lightweight modified AOSP with SlimROM base.
Android Lollipop 5.0.1 for Sony Xperia L
To flash this Android Lollipop 5.0.1 ROM on your Xperia L:
- Unlock your device’s Bootloader. Check this guide to unlock bootloader of your Xperia device: How to Unlock Bootloader of Sony Xperia Devices?
- Root your device. Check this guide for the same: Root Your Device – [Rooting Guide for Any Android Device]
- Install ThunderZap Kernel using Flashtool.
- Power off the phone.
- Reboot in recovery (volume-up).
- Wipe system and do factory reset (clean install).
- Flash .zip ROM.
- Flash Lollipop Gapps .zip.
- Reboot and enjoy!
Some issues with Camera though
ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
Based On: LiquidSmooth
Current Beta Version: 1
Last Updated: 2014-12-05