When it comes on make money blogging! Then the first resource you are looking for is Google AdSense. Getting AdSense ain’t that easy these days. Your site has to pass two screening verifications. If you successfully pass the first one then also there is no guarantee that your site will get AdSense approval after second verification. But if successfully you got your AdSense account approved then it is the time to make the most out of it.
It should be clear that without proper ad optimization you can’t expect much revenue just by placing ads on your site. Ad’s position, style, type and many other things matter in the revenue optimization.
8 Best Practices to Boost AdSense Revenue:
Below are given some short practices but are sufficiently capable of boosting your revenue with a noticeable jump.
1. Use Proper Advertisement Size
As a rule of thumb, wider ad sizes tend to outperform their taller counterparts, due to their reader-friendly format. Readers absorb information in “thought units,” several words at a time. Wider sizes let them comfortably read more text at a glance without having to skip a line and return to the left margin every few words, as they’d have to with a narrower ad.
If positioned well, wide ad sizes can increase your earnings significantly. The sizes we’ve found to be the most effective are the 336×280 Large Rectangle, the 300×250 Medium Rectangle, the 728×90 Leaderboard, and the 160×600 Wide Skyscraper. Keep in mind that while these ad sizes typically perform well, you should use the size that best complements your pages.
2. Proper Styling of Ad Units
When creating your Google AdSense ads it is recommended to use the color scheme and style of your website so that the ads blend in well. Ads without background color and borders perform better than ads within borders with background color.
Create a Custom AdSense palette:
- border color = background color of your website.
- background color = background color of your website.
- link color = blue or color of your links.
- url color = black or #999999.
- text color = black or color of your main content text.
3. Proper Ad Positioning
Visitors tend to look at the big headlines to see if your page is worth reading. If you get them interested, they will read the text and look for your navigation links.
- Place the AdSense ads in a prominent place around the top-left/top-right part of your page under your site logo or next to it where your visitors are most likely to look at.
- If you have an article page with a long body of text, the bottom of that article is a good place for AdSense ads because your visitors read the text and then they want more resources.
- Place AdSense right below post title because it is the place with high CTR.
[Click Here for Complete Article Part 1 and Part 2].
- Use AdSense between post content.
4. Advertisement Type Matters
From my experience so far, advertisement type is a game changer when it comes on make money through AdSense. The best performing ad type is Text/Banner Ads. If your ad type is Text/Banner then it will show both Text and Banner Ads according to the keywords in your Article (mostly).
5. Update Site Regularly for Traffic Optimization
One of the best tips is to update your website every day or regularly. The more content you have, the more visitors you will get. Put an AdSense unit on each and every content page of your site.
6. Keywords Research is the Power Booster
Before serving ads on a web page, check its keyword density. A free and advanced tool for finding the most prominent keywords in a page can be found here: SEO Density Analyzer. Use the keyword suggestions to enhance your web pages and to build theme-based content. And also try to get your keywords into the anchor text of your incoming links as much as possible. Don’t forget that Google AdSense is keyword-targeted advertising: Google AdSense bases its advert topics on your websites content, this means that content-rich websites of a popular topic should attract a large amount of ads.
7. Revenue Optimization by Fixing Crawl Errors
Revenue Optimization is the process of modifying your site and ads on your site to improve the quality of your site, traffic on your site and performance of AdSense ads. Based on your goals, optimization can involve ad implementation improvements or changes to your site. Optimizing your AdSense ads implementations and site is crucial when it comes to the success of your goals. Through optimization, you can help grow your AdSense revenue, improve usability of your site, get more traffic or accomplish any of your other goals.
AdSense shows the ads according to the keywords of your site. For this purpose, Google Crawls your site which sometimes creates crawl errors due to “404 Page Not Found” issues etc. So for proper optimization fix these crawl errors.
8. Make Use of AdSense for Search
Image ads are not the only thing in the world. AdSense will allow you two AdSense for search boxes units per page as well. They let you place a custom search engine on your site to provide users with web search. And you might earn from relevant ads on the search results page.
9. Avoid Bad Practices
- Don’t click on your own ads.
- Don’t ask others to click on your Google AdSense ads.
- Don’t manually change AdSense code.
- Don’t place Google ads on sites that include prohibited content (e.g.: adult sites).
- Don’t employ cloaking, hidden text or farm links.
Now the ball is in your court!
If you’ve any more suggestions about boosting AdSense Revenue then do let me suggest so that I can update this article and add more value. CHEERS!