MacPaw is an independent software development company that is specialized in software development using the latest OS X technologies. MacPaw is the company behind the popular CleanMyMac software for Mac OS. Now they have extended the capabilities of CleanMyMac by releasing a free of cost software known as CleanMyDrive 2.
CleanMyDrive 2 is a stylish and lightweight disk manager app for external and internal drives. It’s a new and improved version of highly successful drive manager app for Mac, CleanMyDrive. It opens right from your OS X menu bar and provides quick access to any drive with detailed information on space usage and cleans hidden junk from external disks.
CleanMyDrive 2 Review: A lightweight drive manager for Mac
That was a basic introduction of CleanMyDrive 2 and its developer company MacPaw. Let’s know more about CleanMyDrive 2 now!
1. Free Of Cost
Yes, you heard it right. The best feature of this OS X app is that it’s available for free of cost. You just need an iTunes account to download it. Download link is given at the end of this review.
2. Lives in your menu bar
It’s a lightning fast app with a convenient interface that doesn’t takes up any extra space on your Mac home screen. It opens up from the top menu bar and performs all its functions from there only.
3. Automatically ejects external drives
Most people forget to eject their external drives when they shut down their Macs. But with CleanMyDrive 2, your Mac automatically does it for you. You no need to worry about corrupt external drives for not ejecting them safely, you just turn off your Mac and CleanMyDrive 2 will do it for you automatically.
4. Works for all drives
No matter if it’s an external hard disk or your camera’s SD card, CleanMyDrive 2 takes care of all. CleanMyDrive 2 works with SSD, external hard drives, SD cards, USB flash drives and pretty much everything that stores files.
5. Cleans junk and saves space for useful stuff
CleanMyDrive 2 understands what’s good for your drive and what’s not. Not only it shows up how much space is taken up on each drive, but also what’s on them. CleanMyDrive 2 shows the storage bar for each of your external drives. CleanMyDrive 2 cleans up files which are otherwise hard to get rid of. Such as service files created by OS X and Windows that corrupt your external drive’s compatibility with other devices. Most of them are hidden. Others are visible, but hard to delete and all of them mean trouble.
What kind of hidden junk does it clean?
Useless system info and old trash files, such as:
- OS X Service files: .DS_Store, .Spotlight-V100, .TemporaryItems, .fseventsd
- Windows Service files: Thumbs.db, RECYCLED, RECYCLER, $RECYCLE.BIN
- Resource forks: files like ._MyPhoto.jpeg
- Trash: such as files in trash bins that haven’t been emptied
6. Copy files quickly to any drive
With CleanMyDrive 2 you don’t have to rummage around in Finder, all of your drives are at hand in the menu bar. Simply, drag-and-drop any file right into the app to copy it to the drive you want.
7. Customize your drive and give a look of your choice
Mac is really fun to use not just because it has a beautiful UI but due to the flexibility to customize it. Customize your disk icons in CleanMyDrive 2 to easily recognize every drive. You can even purchase a fun icon pack from their collection and make every drive look amazing.
All the CleanMyDrive 2 features in a nutshell:
- Fresh and completely redesigned user interface
- Detailed storage legend for every drive
- File copying to any disk with drag-and-drop simplicity
- Mount and unmount notifications
- Automatic disk eject on system sleep initiation
- Keyboard shortcut for mass disk eject
- Improved hidden service files cleanup
- Automatic cleanup on every disk eject
- Setting custom disk icons from our beautifully crafted sets
Have you tried CleanMyDrive 2 for your MacBook yet or not? We think there’s no need to wait anymore as CleanMyDrive 2 is available for free of cost and can give so many benefits and ease to handle your Mac.
So, what are you waiting for? Grab CleanMyDrive for your Mac and start optimizing drives right away ?