We do so much hard work in growing a totally unknown site to bring its own identity on the web. There are few things that decide your site’s popularity. One of them is Alexa Rank. Increasing backlinks or inbound links contribute to higher PageRank. Some people think building backlinks is an easy task. But friend backlinking isn’t that easy as it seems to be. Especially if you don’t know what/how to do. Websites out there on the web are so clever these days.
You submit your site link to directories such as DMOZ, answer questions at Yahoo Answers, comment on other sites and many more effortful stuff to create high quality backlinks. But still not getting the desired results! Why? Because all those are traditional link building strategies that every blogger follows. You can increase backlinks easily, but from High PR sites, task could be a bit tricky because most of the High PR sites assigns “no-follow” attribute to the external links.
Do you have any idea about the trick we are about to doing over here? No! HaHa I know you don’t know because I haven’t given you any hint yet. Ok one hint is hidden inside the post title. Still don’t know? Ok. Have you really noticed this article’s title? If not then it’s time to read it carefully again. I have written Cleverly Build Backlinks “Using Your Competitor’s Alexa Stats”. What exactly is this “Using Your Competitor’s Alexa Stats” part of the title?
Alexa is the web information company. It tells us details like Site’s Global Rank, Country Rank, Bounce Rate, Daily Page views per Visitor, Daily Time on Site etc. Even you can get more detailed stats such as Site Audit, Total Sites Linking, and Site Logo etc. if you switch to pro version which is available for paid members only.
Now in our trick, we will use competitor site’s linking details. Site links column includes a section that shows the Top 5 links which are linking to that particular site. Moreover, it also tells us which page of the site is giving that link. I guess this info will be enough to get the basic idea about the best place to get the backlinks from 😉
The only limitation of this method is that we can see only Top 5 backlinks, not all. You can see all only if you are a pro or paid member.
How to Build Backlinks Using Your Competitor’s Alexa Stats?
STEP 1 (Reach to Site Linking Details)
To analyze from where your competitors are getting backlinks, we have to check site’s linking details given by Alexa.com. Follow the steps given below:
1. Download and Install Alexa Extension to your browser.
- Download Here for Google Chrome
- Download Here for Mozilla Firefox
- For More Browser Support Click Here
NOTE: Skip this step if you have Alexa Extension or Toolbar already installed in your browser.
2. Now open your competitor’s site. After complete loading of the page, click on the Alexa Extension located at the top-right side of your browser.
NOTE: I’m taking Alexa.com itself as a Competitor in the Demonstration Screenshots. You have to do the same for your competitors.
3. After clicking on it, an iFrame window will open. Press Mouse Left Button on the site link (such as alexa.com) in that iFrame Window.
4. If you’ve correctly followed the above steps then you should end up to something like this:
5. Now scroll down to the “What sites link to alexa.com?” section on that page.
There you will see a list of top 5 sites linking to Alexa.com. Although pro users can see the complete list of site linking.
STEP 2 (Time to do a little research)
After following the above-given steps, we are finally on the page which tells where else we could have some chances to get some backlinks. Now it is time to do some research on the basis of information we got from site linking page. Visit the pages one by one and see if there is any chance to get backlinks.
- Chances are you will find the landing page to be a forum post or any article where the link is in the comments section.
- If it is any membership page then you can also join by signing up to that site to get a free backlink.
- If it’s any profile creation website such as Facebook, then sign up for your profile and add you link there.
- It it’s a blog/website directory then try to submit your site there to get a backlink.
- If it is any forum and you feel like you can ask your queries or answers other’s, then do it. In this way you are building backlinks without even violating any policies by spamming there 🙂
Some useful tips:
- Make a list of your top competitors.
- Repeat the same process for everyone.
- But remember one thing, you don’t have to spam.
- This trick is all about to get some basic idea about from where you could get some backlinks.
After following this trick to build backlinks for your site, it’s time to see the results. Wait for at least 24hours to get your backlinks passed through link juice and indexed by Google. After that, you can use online backlinks checker like Backlink Watch, Backlink Checker tool by Small SEO Tools, Ahrefs.com and Rank Signals to see the increased number of your backlinks.
It’s not necessary that this trick will help you to build as many backlinks as your competitor do. But it will surely help you a lot to explore the best places to get some backlinks from.
If you have tried this trick then feel to share your experience in the comments section below 😉