You’ve rooted your Sony Xperia L device and now looking for the simplest guide to install kernel/recovery on it? Don’t worry, you’re at the right spot 😉
Install Kernel/Recovery on Xperia L or any other Xperia Device
I’ve written this tutorial for flashing a custom kernel/recovery using Flashtool as simple as I can. This tutorial is written especially for the ease of beginners.
If you are familiar with flashing firmwares using Flashtool then flashing kernel won’t be a hard task for you. Read the steps below:
1. Open Flashtool.
2. Connect your device with “USB Debugging mode” enabled.
3. Click “Flash Button” with “Thunder Icon :zap:”.
4. Now select “Fastboot mode”.
5. Click “Reboot into fastboot mode (via ADB)”. Wait until it’s done.
6. Now click “Select kernel to Flash”.
7. Choose the kernel .img file (most commonly boot.img) from extracted kernel/recovery zip file and wait until it’s done.
8. Finally when it’s done flashing kernel to your device, click “Reboot device into system”.
You have successfully flashed a kernel/recovery to your Xperia device.
If you feel any trouble during this flashing process then feel free to leave a comment below. I will try to help you out as soon as I can. Thanks! 🙂