Bootloop means your phone doesn’t boots up, neither shuts down. The phone continues to show the boot animation screen and continues until your device’s battery exhausts and it automatically turns off.
This is an annoying thing, for a newbie, it’s frightening too. It happens when your operating system fails to load due to some error. As the word goes, bootloop is when the boot process is ‘looped’ over and over again, without a successful start up of the system.
Below is an illustration of an endless Xperia L bootloop:
What is Bootloader?
From the security point of view, a bootloader is a code that is executed before any Operating System starts to run. The concept of the bootloader is universal to almost all Operating systems that inculcate operating systems on your PC, laptop, smartphones, and other such devices.
Bootloader basically packages the instructions to boot operating system kernel and most of them also have their own debugging or modification environment.
What to do if your Xperia L got stuck in Bootloop after unlocking Bootloader?
Devices with recovery partition are easy to recover from this hell. All you need to do is just wipe caches. Not always but yeah most of the times it sorts out the issue. As your device is currently on stock firmware with no root access, the only thing you can do is: reflashing your device with Xperia L stock firmware ROM. How? Check the steps below:
1. Download and Install Flashtool. Most probably it will be installed here: C:\Flashtool
2. Now go through “drivers” folder in “Flashtool” folder and install Flashtool-drivers.exe from there.
3. On ‘choose components’ screen, it will ask for drivers you want to install. Select Flashmode Drivers, Fastboot Drivers and Common Drivers for Taoshan board.
NOTE: While installing the drivers your windows might show you security warnings several times. Just click on “Install this driver software anyway”.
4. Now download Sony Xperia L stock .ftf (ROM/firmware) from the web if you don’t have already.
5. After it place it in the “firmwares” folder located in Flashtool folder.
We are done doing all the preparations. Now we can proceed to the flashing part.
6. Click on the Thunder icon with the title “Flash Device”.
7. Now select “Flash Mode”.
8. Now, this window will show up. Please select the ROM you want to flash and follow the prompts.
NOTE: Before you click on “Flash” make sure Wipe “CACHE” and “DATA” are ticked.
Then click on flash.
9. It will take a while to prepare the files for flashing. After it this window will show up.
The picture says the following:
- Unplug your device from your PC.
- Power OFF the device (Turn your phone OFF).
- Hold down the (VOLUME DOWN button).
- While holding the VOLUME DOWN button plug your phone back to your PC.
10. On successful connection, flashing process will start. Please wait until it gets finished.
You’re all done. Now remove the battery of your Xperia L and insert it again. Power up your Xperia L and it will start like a charm without any bootloops.
I hope you enjoyed this article. If you feel any doubt while following any of the steps then just post a comment below.
Share it along with your friends, family and relatives. Moreover, you can subscribe to our regular blog updates by filling out the form given below.