Xiaomi is one of the most rapidly growing Android Device Manufacturer. Despite of the fact that this brand has made many popular devices that has been sold in a huge amount worldwide, the one main reason behind its slow development is that Xiaomi doesn’t publish the source code for their kernels.
Stable CyanogenMod 12 for Xiaomi Mi3
Luckily we got talented and highly proficient android developers who once again proved that great things can be achieved, no matter the device manufacturing company provides development sources or not.
A group of android developers at XDA including Senior Members kD, audahadi, kairi_zeroblade, XDA Forum Member david_korbu and XDA Recognized Contributor jack_eagle have created a stable build of CyanogenMod 12 for the Xiaomi Mi3.
Everything, except things listed in not working section :stuck_out_tongue:
What’s not working?
- Camcorder not able to save (Use 3rd party app)
Steps to Install CyanogenMod 12 Android 5.0.2 ROM on Xiaomi Mi3
1. Download CyanogenMod 12 Android 5.0.2 ROM for Xiaomi Mi3 from the download link given below.
2. Now copy the downloaded CM12 ROM .zip file to the root folder of your device’s SD card.
3. Power off device and disconnect it from computer.
4. Now boot the device into Recovery Mode. Press & hold Volume Up & Power buttons together to boot in Recovery Mode.
5. Once the phone boots into CWM Recovery, do a full data wipe by clicking Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
6. Then Wipe Cache Partition and format system.
7. Now go to “Advanced” menu and then Wipe Dalvik Cache.
8. Then return to first recovery menu and choose Install Zip from SD card.
9. Click “Choose Zip from SD card”. Use volume keys to navigate through the menu and select CM12 ROM zip file that you copied earlier to your phone’s SD card, by tapping the power button.
10. To install Gapps, repeat Steps 9 and 10 to install Google Apps package as well.
11. Once the ROM and Gapps installation is completed, click “+++++Go Back+++++” and select Reboot System Now from main recovery menu.
Your device will now reboot. First boot may take upto five minutes to complete so be patient.